Go to page 1, 2  Next

PC or PS3?
PC 60%  60%  [ 6 ]
PS3 40%  40%  [ 4 ]
Total votes : 10
 Post subject: MW2 - PC or PS3?
PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 7:52 am 
Urban L337

I just found out there won't be any dedicated servers for the PC port which means no mods or custom servers. That's a HUGE blow to the PC community. That has always been one of the big pluses to PC gaming, and these days it's pretty much the only thing PC games have over consoles (graphics are relatively the same now due to production costs).

If there are no plans for this to change (and from what I read it doesn't seem likely), would it be better to buy the game for PS3?

Pro's:
-guaranteed to always work/no crashes
-guaranteed even playing field (no fps or server excuses)
-as much (probably more) support from developer than the PC port
-more friends and more people in general play it = more competition

Con's:
-feels awkward on a console, FPS's on PC are WAY more fluid

Neutral:
-cheating
Not sure how cheating is on console games, but hacking on PCs has always been an issue in any game. Could end up being a pro or con.

Personally, I'd rather get the one where the competition is better. More people game on consoles today, and this game is almost guaranteed to be the biggest game of the year and probably the biggest in history (COD4 logged more playing time than Halo 3). Plus, a lot of my friends will be getting it and that would be fun beating up on them.

Post subject: Re: MW2 - PC or PS3?
PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 8:07 am 
]BoS[ Leader

I'm not sure quite yet. I'm going to wait and watch IW reactions up until release. I will most likely still be getting it for the PC but when it comes to competition, I would like to see where things go. I think this could certainly hurt the competitive community but I don't think it is going to be as bad as we think. I think we just have to wait and see unfortunately.

On a bigger note, lets say we decide to do console, which would people play this on? 360 or ps3?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 2:01 pm 
]BoS[ Leader

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 10:40 pm 
]BoS[ Member

lol pretty funny

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 2:03 am 
]BoS[ Leader

lol that was good, i signed the petition today to put dedicated servers back in, was at over 120,000 people when i signed it lol

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 12:38 pm 
Urban L337

I just watched a couple videos on the infinity ward's website and it got me pumped for it. They have a couple multi-player teasers at the end of each video. One involved throwing knives and the other involved sticky-nades. CAN NOT WAIT.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 10:52 am 
Urban L337

I pre-ordered the PC version on NewEgg since it was the cheapest I've found so far ($53.99), and it has free shipping so I should be good to go. I may end up getting the PS3 port at some point also, depending how the PC multiplayer ends up being.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 6:00 pm 
]BoS[ Member

I am so incredibly bummed out about this game. I have been waiting for it to come out since waw and now it is going to suck.

waaaaa

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 11:23 pm 
]BoS[ Leader

Yeah I've been watching the forums and it doesn't look like they'll budge on it. They also don't have a record feature....awesome. I might pick it up at some point but I highly doubt I'm going to buy it at release.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 1:15 pm 
Urban L337

great...now I feel like I wasted 50 bucks and should have just gotten it for the ps3.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 2:06 pm 
Urban L337

Well I think I'm just gonna send it back for a refund when it comes in and buy it for the PS3. No sense in getting the PC version and dealing with various potential bugs/no custom servers/no updates if the consoles are going to receive all the support.

Last edited by YourFather on Mon Nov 09, 2009 6:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 2:28 pm 
]BoS[ Leader

Yeah, I mean if you were planning on getting it for both I'd do that. I'll get it for PC eventually and especially if they release dedicated server support. But I'm just waiting now to see how they handle the lack of PC sales.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 6:32 pm 
Urban L337

Well, I'd rather not spend the money now if I'm not sure how much I'll enjoy it. So if we decide to play the PC port I will pick it up. It just doesn't make too much sense to buy it if it's going to be the same exact thing (probably worse) than the console port.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 7:58 am 
Urban L337

So is anyone else getting the game period? I really can't wait to get my hands on it, although I'm gonna feel like a total noob with the controls :embarrassed: .

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 8:26 am 
]BoS[ Leader

Fox is getting it for PC for the SP/Co-op. I'm not quite sure when I'm getting it honestly. I want to wait and see how things go.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 11:40 pm 
]BoS[ Leader

im boycotting the game, fuck IW and them not having dedicated servers for pc gamers they can go fuck themselves cause they are going to lose out on millions of dollars for that bullshit decision that some faggot made. Im sure the game is gonna be great with good sp and co op but mp is gonna suck without dedicated servers, gonna be all nubs with no mods for competition.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 2:21 pm 
Urban L337

Well, the sad part is they probably won't lose any money, and if they do it will be so insignificant compared to the hundreds of millions of dollars they will rake in over the next few years. They honestly couldn't give two shits about the PC port. Enough people will buy a copy for them to say it was worth porting to the PC at all. And then people like me and thousands of others will just buy it for a console which is probably their ultimate goal. Creating and supporting games for the PC seems to be more of a hassle for developers nowadays. Like Todd said on your Facebook, Whiz, it's all about the money. And rightly so since they are a business first and foremost and they made a quality product. But my main beef is don't jerk off the loyal customers who helped you become one of the largest game franchises of all time. You'd think they'd like to throw us a bone or something as a thank you. Nope, they just lie to your face with a bunch of BS and expect you to shut up and like it. While boycotting the game won't hurt IW financially, hopefully it will send a loud and clear message to them.

That's my rant.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 1:25 pm 
]BoS[ Leader

well if pc gamers didnt go out and buy it for the console instead of the pc they would feel the pain more.... dont give it to their bs dont buy the game

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 4:06 pm 
]BoS[ Leader

Yeah it is sad but PC gamers are a dieing bread. Give it 10 years and I bet you will no longer be attending any lan or even being able to play hot new titles for the PC on multiplayer. It is sad but all too true. I can remember going to lans and being super stoked because there were a ton of people going, now it seems as though people don't give to shits unless there are console tourneys. I am not a console gamer and I don't think I ever will be. I think it is fun for about an hour then I am done. You just can't beat mouse/keyboard!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 6:49 pm 
Urban L337

I think we all agree that PC gaming is superior. But I really enjoy competition and consoles are where the majority of people play today. I am not going to stop gaming all together simply because the PC community is fading away.

Ourmanbones wrote:
well if pc gamers didnt go out and buy it for the console instead of the pc they would feel the pain more.... dont give it to their bs dont buy the game

I'm sorry but the game is just too damn good not to buy it. Why fight a losing battle? Even if all the PC gamers in the world boycotted the game, IW would still be filthy stinking rich from it.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 2   [ 32 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next