It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:27 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 11 posts ]
 Post subject: Who has one...
PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 3:32 pm 
Urban L337

Fox I know you have a weeeeeeeee - how is it? What games do you have for it?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 3:51 pm 
]BoS[ Leader

Originally I wasn't going to get one as I primarily wanted to play Zelda and they are releasing it for the Gamecube. I've had my Wii since Friday and I can tell you it really is the most entertaining system I have ever owned. Nintendo did the right thing by forgoing graphical power for interactivity. Riding on your horse in Zelda while you pick enemies out of the sky with your bow or take out opposing mounted enemies with your sword really is fun. It's not something that can be emulated on the Gamecube either, so I'm very happy with the system.

Right now I only have Zelda and Wii Sports (which comes with the system) though I will definitely be picking up the new Super Smash Brothers and the new Metroid game when they are released. Wii Sports is a ton of fun, especially seeing as its completely free. The online system accompanying the Wii is designed very well, though there are currently no online multiplayer games available. There are many online games slated for release, however.

All in all, I think my playing time with Zelda sums up my happiness with the console. I got up at 4:30 AM on Friday to wait at Gamestop for two and a half hours until they opened to get my Wii. By the time I got home and had it hooked up it was about 8:30 AM. I played Zelda until 4:30 AM the following morning, and by Saturday night (early Sunday morning) I had roughly 24 hours put into the game. The system (and Zelda) is awesome.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 4:26 pm 
Spam Much?

Yeah, I could nominate Wii and Twilight Princess for Best Thing Ever. I've played it nonstop over break and its pretty good. I have Red Steel and COD3. So far, Red Steel is a lot of fun, even though the controls are hard to get used to and the sword fights get frustratingly hard later in. I haven't spent any time in COD3 yet.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 4:28 pm 
Nuke

I purchased one after waiting from 5:30 pm till 8 am for the day of launch during a freezing Sunday morning at the local Target. My sister and I were 6 and 7th in line so once we got in, we got nearly 1st choice of the available games, accessories and the cool little Target Wii Gift Card that lights up bright blue (it is actually quite cool).

I purchased:

Wii Console (duh) w/ Wii Sports
Extra Wiimote and Nunchuk
Madden 07
Rayman Raving Rabbids
Super Monkey Ball
and of course Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess

My only complaint thus far is the games (other than zelda) seem to be tech demos and I think once vendors/game makers get a little more experience with the system, the 2nd generation games for the Wii are going to be flipping amazing.

Prime example being Madden 07. The use of the Wiimote and Nunchuk in this game is pretty darn cool. I have become amazing at using the running backs simply because the controls are so much more intuitive to me than the standard "press x + y while holding down C" kinda crap just to juke. Instead you just quickly move your nunchuk off to the left and you juke left. Those kinda things.

The Madden team did pretty well nailing most of the controls, but I think they forgot about the graphics. True, the Wii is certainly not an Xbox 360 or PS3 poweress in regards to graphics, but it is, literally, twice as powerful as the Gamecube, so the graphics in comparison can be at least as good or better than the Gamecube counterpart. Not so with Madden in my opinion. I think the graphics went a little downhill in Madden 07 on Wii compared to Madden 06 on Gamecube. I don't have my progressive scan cable yet but I really don't think it'll make as big of a difference as I am seeing.

Otherwise, as previously mentioned, Zelda is a fricking incredible experience and the Wii itself is built very well, from the start up menu to the design of the system itself. I do not think Nintendo will win the console race nor do I care, because it is one awesome system and I highly recommend picking it up. It is literally less than half the cost of the PS3 right now.

Later.

P.S. I'll be posting my Wii friend code soon as I get home.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 6:01 pm 
Urban L337

Does the Wii do HD? or what max resolution can it do? From what you guys said I might just go get one - to get one. I used to love me some Mario Kart racing, I played that for years! How much is the system + controller + a game? I have no idea. I'd look it up on the net, but using the forums are fun, and informational to everyone =D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 6:04 pm 
Spam Much?

The Wii does 480p, but doesn't come with component cables out of the box. Currently its apparently one of the most sought after and rare accessories at the moment.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 9:23 pm 
Nuke

To answer the other question... System, Game (Wii Sports) and Wiimote with Nunchuk packaged together costs $250.

Additional Wiimote is $30, additional Nunchuk $20. Additional games typically $50. Wii has internal 512 storage so you don't need an SD memory card right away to save crap.

Classic Controller, used when you purchase games off the virtual console is $20. System does not come with one of these.

Regarding the component cables, I ordered mine directly from the Nintendo Store and they are supposed to ship this week. $30 for those.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 9:46 pm 
]BoS[ Leader

I want to play one. I have no friends that invite me over to try out the systems :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 11:01 pm 
Spam Much?

additional wiimotes are $40

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 2:16 pm 
Urban L337

Whhhhat is the numchuck thing? I saw a commercial for it for Mario Golf, and the dad about practically threw his back out swinging this tube thing...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 6:17 pm 
Nuke

my little sister has 1 LOL.... looks gay..

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 11 posts ]