It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:33 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 8 posts ]
 Post subject: Dust 514
PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 8:16 am 
]BoS[ Leader

Looks like it is going to be PS3 exclusive =/ Might have to pick up a PS3 for this.

http://kotaku.com/5809234/dust-514-will ... s-together

Post subject: Re: Dust 514
PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 8:19 am 
]BoS[ Leader

Just so you know, when they zoom out and show the universe map with the red dots. Each red dot is a system. That is how fucking huge the EVE universe is.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 9:54 am 
]BoS[ Member

So what exactly is this? A FPS or EVE expansion? Cause it looks pretty cool

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 11:59 am 
]BoS[ Leader

Well, its kind of both really. Dust 514 is really just an extension (not necessarily an expansion) of the EVE universe. What is really sweet is that both the EVE space MMO and Dust 514 will be connected. Up until Dust 514, every planet/moon in the EVE universe was used for mining minerals. Now, alliances and corporations (clans) have the ability to pay mercenaries to try to take control of the planets in every region and to try to take away sovereignty or steal resource or whatever the objective is for the mercs. The PC EVE MMO players can pay for ships, vehicles, and just straight pay the merc players for doing all of this work on the planets. So even though one is PS3 and the other is PC, they will both have an impact on each other (I would assume in real time). If there is ever a company that I would put my entire faith in, it is CCP who is the company behind EVE and Dust 514. If they are able to pull this off, this will be the last game we'll ever need to buy for a very long time.

When I went to their official site, I'm seeing tweets from pcgamer that says dust 514 will come out for the PC a year after the PS3 release. If they can manage to make this work, this will be amazing. Hit me up on TS3 sometime and I'll talk to you about EVE if you've never played it. I played it hardcore for about 2 years (I think) in a very good merc corp for both major alliances so I understand the game pretty well. EVE is the most complex, political, game where you can trust no one except close friends as all of the alliances have spies everywhere. I know for a fact our corp leader had 20+ paid active accounts that he used to spy on other alliances so we can figure out their movements within the universe and slaughter them as they were passing through various systems. God, just talking about it again makes me want to reactivate lol. But the game is so incredibly dense and complex I could never fully explain it well in a forum thread so hit me up in ts3 if you wanna chat about it.

Official site: http://www.dust514.com/

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 12:27 pm 
]BoS[ Leader

Here is the latest alliance influence map.

http://dl.eve-files.com/media/corp/Verite/influence.png

Each dot is a star system with many planets and many moons. You can see the whole political side of the game take shape with this picture. Once you get out into the PVP, unsafe, areas (called low sec for low security from the NPC "cops")...you don't leave hah. You stay out there 90% of the time unless you're going on a combat op. You have to be a part of a major alliance (it looks like the two major alliances now are goonswarm and red alliance) or else you don't have the proper lanes to get back up to high sec to buy shit. You can buy some stuff locally and you usually buy directly from your alliance at a discounted rate, but still you need to go into high sec for some stuff.

But if you look at this map and compare it to what Dust 514 is going to do, each dot has anywhere from 1 to 20+ planets you can fight on and that many moons as well (assuming you can go on the moons). This is how massive Dust 514 has the potential of being.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 8:03 am 
]BoS[ Member

You're right, a bit overwhelming. I tried EVE once a long time ago but was way too confused to continue.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 11:42 am 
Urban L337

So is there still any interest in this? I would pick this up if you guys are still playing Eve. I thought it was supposed to be released sometime this year but I haven't heard when.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 3:43 pm 
]BoS[ Leader

I'm not playing EVE at the moment. I was really the only one in the corp playing. I'm going to keep an eye out on this and see what happens to the EVE universe when Dust comes out before I go back to EVE.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 8 posts ]