It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:18 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 1 post ]
 Post subject: fQuake Install Help
PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 5:32 pm 
]BoS[ Leader

This will be my attempt at creating a small, straight to the point document that will allow you to get fQuake installed with all the necessary mods to play on our Quakeworld server.

--------------------------
WARNING: THIS IS CURRENTLY NOT A COMPLETE DOCUMENT! Our server is not currently setup, so I cannot say for certain this documentation is complete until I've tested it on our server.

H'ok so, the first thing you need to get is obviously fQuake. The way fQuake works is that you download the distribution file, select the components you want, then it will download them and install them for you. Sounds pretty easy? It is. Here is the file you need to download first: http://downloads.sourceforge.net/fquake ... taller.exe

Once downloaded, this is the one time where you MUST select the custom option for the installer or else you're gonna have a helluva time finding some of these mods because lets face it, this game is old. Probably the most important thing to select in the custom field is under "Mods" where it will list CTF along with a few other mods like Team Fortress and Rocket Arena. There are a ton of enhancements (textures mainly) that supposedly make the game not look so dated. I can't really comment on these at the moment as I'm still in the process of downloading/installing fQuake myself. Once you select all the things you'd like, walk through the rest of the installation. You'll eventually get to a point where it starts the download/install process. Prepare for this to take awhile by the way, there are a lot of things to download.

NOTE: After playing with them, the texture enhancements are OMFG NICE! I highly recommend them.

Changelog: Nothing yet, document not complete.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 1 post ]