It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 7:11 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 6 posts ]
 Post subject: Old BF2 threads?
PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 11:27 am 
Urban L337

Please tell me they are stored somewhere? I mean it's not a huge deal but I remember making a decent thread on getting BF2 to play in high resolutions and I kinda need it now and wanna put that masterpiece of a sticky to use, haha.

Post subject: Re: Old BF2 threads?
PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 11:43 am 
]BoS[ Leader

Yeah they are stored in an archive thread for old/locked topics. I think only myself, fox, and brent have access to that forum. Let me know around with it tonight and I'll see if I can pull out that thread.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 3:45 pm 
]BoS[ Member

Nazi-ism :P

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 8:08 am 
Urban L337

Hey whiz do you think you could dig up my thread on getting BF2 to work in widescreen? I think I'm gonna install BF2 until BC2 launches and that would make this a lot eaier. Thanks.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 8:27 am 
]BoS[ Leader

I'm not sure how many of you guys already know this but I figured I should post it anyway. By now most of us have probably gotten a nice widescreen monitor since BF2 was first released. Well, for some reason BF2 wasn't made widescreen friendly so if you want to get the most out of your monitor, video card and ultimately your gaming experience, you have to do a few manual tweaks.

Note: If you don't want to play in widescreen or a higher resolution, simply disregard this.

I believe the highest resolution BF2 will allow you to choose from in-game is something like 1152 x 864. I selected that originally and the appropriate graphics settings for my machine. Close the game and go to the desktop. Right-click on the BF2 icon and select "Properties". In the text-box next to "Target" it should normally read something like this...

"C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\Battlefield 2\BF2.exe" +menu 1 +fullcreen 1

After the last number "1" in the box, type in +szx ____ +szy ____ and fill in the blanks with the resolution you'd like to play with.
IMPORTANT: Change "fullscreen 1" to "widescreen 1". So after you're done it should look something like this...

"C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\Battlefield 2\BF2.exe" +menu 1 +widescreen 1 +szx 1440 +szy 900

Note: This feature must also be edited in BF2Pro to get the same results. It should end up looking something like this...

"C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\Battlefield 2\BF2.exe" +widescreen 1 +szx 1440 +szy 900 +modPath mods/bf2pro

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 9:01 am 
]BoS[ Member

I'd like to add to this as well, there is a nice little program called Widescreenfixer that still requires the changes to the exe, but will give you the ingame options to set video for 1920x1200@60hz, instead of just stretching the screen by editing the executable alone.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 6 posts ]